Friday, February 16, 2018

Birthdays, business and babies- oh my!

This week as packed full of fun with my birthday, Valentine's Day, and Mr. Hubby's birthday. I turned the by 3-5.... halfway to 40! Seems so crazy!!! I don't feel like I should be 35 at all. I decided to celebrate by taking the day off of work, and then Mr. Hubby and I headed to Dallas for our first kid-free trip. The Pittsburgh Penguins (Mr. Hubby's favorite team) were playing the Dallas Stars, so we bought tickets, booked a hotel, and got to spend a much needed evening with just the two of us. Not going to lie, but it was so nice to not have to worry about taking care of anyone but ourselves! Life can be so stressful with three kids, especially with two under two. So just having some time alone was the best present of all!


Landon, Cayson, and Easton stayed home with Mia, and they had a lot of fun with her. We went to Buccee's on our way home and brought them all some treats.

Once we got home from our little getaway, life was going full force once again. I had to get busy getting everything ready for a garage sale. We have accumulated so much stuff over the past few years, and I am ready to get rid of it all! Now that we officially know that Easton will be our last baby, I've slowly selling all of our baby things that he's outgrown. You'd think I'd be sad about it, but I'm actually ready to move on to the next phase of our life. I'm excited to watch my babies grow!

I've also started getting ready to launch an online boutique starting in March. It's something that I've always wanted to do, so I just decided to take a leap and get busy making it happen. I'm anxiously waiting for my sales permit to come in so that I can get started with it all. I'm really hoping that I can make a great business out of it. I'm not sure why I would think it was a good idea to add yet another thing to my already busy plate, but it's definitely something that I know that I will love. And life is too short to not take chances. So I'm crossing my fingers and toes!!!


Valentine's Day was also this week. Landon was excited because first grade was having a party. He had a blast stuffing his face with all kind of candy and sweet treats. Mr. Hubby surprised me with dinner and a cookie cake. He knows the way to my heart.... FOOD!

Yesterday was Mr. Hubby's birthday. Landon and I wrote him some sweet notes and gave him some coupons to redeem throughout the year. Now we're on to planning Cayson's birthday's next month.

This week was also a difficult one for me. I started a new school last year, and sadly, I just haven't found "my people". It's the first place that I've worked, where I don't completely feel like I fit in. There some people with personalities that aren't the easiest to work with, and I feel like I'm constantly second guessing myself. I try to not let the actions of others bother me, but it's hard not to! I guess this is just another learning experience, and I know it'll be okay. It's just one thing that I wish that I wasn't dealing with right now. I'm so ready to have another work BFF. A friend of mine sent me this quote, and I've read it often.. Let's hope it turns out to be true!

And to end the week, here are some things that are happening with our boys:
-Cayson's new favorite thing to say to me is "See mama?? See??"
-Easton loves saying "mama" as loud as he can, and it's actually really clear! If he doesn't get my attention at first, he'll say it even louder!
-Easton still refuses to sit up. It's driving this mama crazy that he won't!
-Landon reached his Above and Beyond in reading which means that he'll be able to go on a field trip by the end of the year. He's so excited and is really getting into reading!

I would write more, but my eyes are getting heavy, and I really can't think straight, so bye for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment